- For best results use either 6011 3/32 or 1/8 welding rod or .035 wire with a 75% Argon/25% CO2 gas mixture
- Thoroughly grind and clean surfaces to be welded
- Stitch weld using ½ inch to 1inch long beads every 1 inch, then weld seams
- If not confident in your welding skills, hire a professional welder. Check out our website for recommended installers.
- Read and follow all instructions. Do not install without instructions. Pocono Metal Craft is not responsible for any damage or injury caused by improper use or installation.
- Check for any fuel leaks and repair before installation
- Keep flammables at least 20 ft. from vehicle
- Place a fire extinguisher and hose nearby during installation
- Use a fire watch person while welding and cutting
- In case of emergency call 911
- Use eye protection and gloves during installation
Repair only one side at a time
Lift truck using jacks/ramps/lift. Make sure truck is completely supported on all 4 corners.
Remove any brackets or lines for easy accessibility to repair area.
Mark area to be cut. You must cut away at least ½” from the bottom of the frame. You can remove more depending on level of rust. Leave at least 1” of the frame at the top for the kit to overlap.
Cut away the marked area. Grind smooth.
Slide the kit into place, pushing it tight against the frame. Clamp in place.
Double check positioning and tack weld.
Reattach any brackets removed
Undercoat or paint
Test drive. Inspect all welds again.